Center for Development Evaluation and Social Science Research – CREDI (member of WB-MIGNET) invites applications for its Internship Programme. CREDI internship program provides students with a unique research experience that introduces all aspects of social science research and includes supported exploration of a research query from research question to a report, as well as data management training, and focused methodological education in quantitative research. Interns can learn about various activities and research projects of CREDI, have access to the CREDI library and various publications, participate in CREDI events and meetings and thus gain an insight into the interdisciplinary work done within the social sciences. They will have the opportunity to interact with researchers in the social sciences across Europe, establish key contacts, including visits to partner institutes in other countries. They will improve their knowledge and skills in the social sciences, as well as in project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks performed by interns vary according to the needs and ongoing projects of CREDI. The intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Collect, assess and analyze the data relevant to CREDIs’ project outcomes and outputs, including academic manuscript preparation;
- Prepare reviews, compilations, extracts and summaries based on the already-available literature and reports;
- Assist in the organization of and participate in conferences, workshops and meetings;
- Draft reports and minutes, edit documents and translate BHS/English;
- Assist in web editing and social media/blogging;
- Carry out other tasks assigned by CREDI Director.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants are expected to:
- Be graduates (in their final year of study), postgraduates or young professionals (under 35 years of age) in the field of economics or other social sciences;
- Be familiar with statistical analysis, and understand the general process of scientific research;
- Be a proficient user of English;
- Have computer literacy in standard Office software applications.
Terms and conditions:
- CREDI internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship except if there is a sponsoring institution involved. All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or sponsoring institution. If you need financial support, please indicate it in your letter of application;
- CREDI accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns will be provided by the in-house training and access to library;
- CREDI accepts interns for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 4 months. Please indicate preferred duration of your internship in your letter of application;
- Interns are expected to work full-time, but flexibility is allowed for their education programme;
- The Internship Programme may lead to further employment with CREDI, and will be depend on performance of candidate closely monitored by the mentor assigned;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent CREDI in any official capacity.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a letter of application (specifying preferred CREDI research areas/projects of interest and indicate preferred period), along with a full CV (both in English), to: email@example.com. The call is open throughout of year, but successful interns will be offered position on a first-come-first-served basis, depending on availability.
Previous interns at CREDI
Saima Raza, University of London, April-June 2019
Georgina Whiteman, University of Sussex, February-March 2019
More information about CREDI can be found here.